A Wealth of Experience!
- Master Teacher in Mathematics with experience in teaching high school mathematics at all levels, provincial marking and provincial course contributions.
- Experienced Teacher in English, helping peoople with essay’s at both the high school, university and Master’s level.
- Certification as Financial Planner and Pension Consultant.
- Teacher Librarian qualifications with experience at both elementary and secondary levels.
- Technology instruction for both adults and school students including accounting.
- Web page design.
In Doreen's own words:Having taught more than twenty years in classrooms in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia, I know how difficult it is to make a difference in the lives of students. No matter how you do the math, the time allotted to individualize the programme and curriculum in a meaningful way is minimal at best in a classroom where there are numerous agendas. This is my opportunity to give back by Tutoring…With A Twist to meet the needs of students, to actively engage them, and build a feeling of success and mastery that goes beyond the classroom. Learning is life long…for me as well. I strongly believe that the little steps along the way in education are the foundation of the person(s) we become for the rest of our lives. If students are part of the process in developing projects, completing goals, and assessing outcomes; then they take ownership of their education, build a bank of successes, and become positive in knowing that they can be the change.