Tutoring…With A Twist is a full-service Tutoring Agency which currently operates in B.C. in Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Nanoose Bay, Parksville and Qualicum! We service all ages and all skill levels. All of our Twisted Tutors have Criminal Record checks and most are certified teachers. We have specialty tutors for those with specific needs. We are flexible with our location and scheduling! Every client receives a Twisted Monthly Report as to their progress. The “Twist” part of our programming is that not only will our clients walk away more proficient in the academic subject where they need help, but also in a pre-determined life skill.
Tutoring…With A Twist offers our Twisted Team:
- Collaborative Team Approach
- Opportunity to Practice Your Passion
- Personal Coaching with our Founder, Amber Scotchburn
- Ability to Choose Your Own Hours
We currently have Twisted Tutor Positions and Twisted Community Liaison Positions available. We would love to hear from you, if you are as ‘Twisted’as us!
If you are curious and want to know more or if you already feel you are the right fit for us, please send us your resume & in lieu of a cover letter, answer the following questions:
1) What is your philosophy on a) teaching/tutoring (if applying for the Twisted Tutor position)? b) networking (if applying for the Twisted Liaison position)?
2) How do you see yourself committing to a team while working independently?
3) What resources can you offer Tutoring…With A Twist team? This could mean physical resources, as well as personal attributes.
4) What is your understanding of the “twist” part of Tutoring…With A Twist?
5) What geographical areas would you like to be considered for this position in (as we service Duncan through to Qualicum)?
6) What is your availability now and in January?
7) Do you have your own vehicle?
8) In what ways would you be able to actively promote ASTC’s tutoring services?
9) Where do you want to be in 5 years?
10) Are you interested in hearing more about other positions?
11) For the Liaison position, explain your comfort level in representing Tutoring…With A Twist when attending a) networking events, b) community events, and c) schools/community agencies.
12) For the Liaison position, in attending such events,
a) what would three objectives you would strive for in every event attended?
b) how would you achieve these objectives?
c) what follow through would you need to do after such events?