- Do you prefer a collaborative team approach to teaching, like the ability to choose your own hours and love to practice your passion!?!
- As an educator, do you have a multi-faceted approach to teaching which includes life skills-based education, project-based learning and are naturally Twisted?
- Are you new to teaching, or in school to complete your teacher training and looking to gain experience as a teacher?
- Are you a retired teacher who is still interested in affecting young minds in a positive way?
If you’ve answered “YES!” to these questions, continue reading on!
Tutoring…With A Twist is a full-service tutoring agency with its home office in Nanaimo, BC. We’re looking for new Twisted Tutors to join our growing team!
We currently operate in-person on Vancouver Island from Victoria to Courtenay/Comox!
With the expansion of our online tutoring, we also serve families & have tutors in other areas of the world!
We are looking for the following Twisted Tutors:
- in person tutors in the Langford area of Victoria for all subjects
- in person tutors in the Nanaimo area for all subjects
- online tutors for elementary & middle school french immersion
- online tutors that can tutor both language arts & math at the elementary and middle school level
Tutoring…With A Twist offers our Twisted Team:
- Collaborative Team Approach
- Opportunity to Practice Your Passion
- Ability to Choose Your Own Hours & Location(s)
To figure out if you are Twisted enough, we invite you to read through our website to have a full understanding of what THE Twist is!
Interested in joining our Twisted Tutoring Team but have some questions for us before you apply? We’d love to talk this important decision through with you. Call us at: 1-866-977-4433 or fill out our contact form.
If you are READY TO APPLY as you know are the right fit for us, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line: I AM TWISTED! In this email, please send us your resume & in lieu of a cover letter, answer the following questions:
1. What is your philosophy on teaching/tutoring?
2. How do you see yourself committing to a team while working independently?
3. What resources can you offer Tutoring…With A Twist team? This could mean physical resources, as well as personal attributes.
4. What is your understanding of the “twist” part of Tutoring…With A Twist?
5. What subjects and grades would you like to be considered for?
6. What is your expected rate of pay?
7. What physical geographical areas would you like to be considered for this position in (as we physically service Victoria through to Comox/Courtney)?
8. a) What is your availability now and for the next school year (from March 2023 until June 2023, Summer of 2023, Sept 2023 until June 2024)?
b) How many hours a week are you interested in?
9. Do you have your own vehicle?
10. a) Do you have your own computer with a microphone, video camera and reliable wifi access?
b) What other tools do you have to make online learning on par with in-person learning?
11. a) What is your comfort level with online tutoring?
b) What platforms have you used for online tutoring?
12. In what ways would you be able to actively promote T-WAT’s tutoring services?
13. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
14. Are you interested in hearing more about other positions?
15. What is your current availability for an interview & for training?
16. Is there anything that we haven’t asked that you’d like to share?
We look forward to getting Twisted with you :)!
*Services provided by With a Twist Education Ltd.