- Are you looking for more than just a tutoring job?
- Are you interested in starting your own tutoring business?
- Are you new to teaching, or in school to complete your teacher training and looking to gain experience as a teacher?
- Are you a retired teacher who is still interested in affecting young minds in a positive way?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, you may be interested in joining a team of Twisted Tutors! To figure out if you are Twisted enough, we suggest reading through this website in depth to have a full understanding of what THE Twist is!
Tutoring…With A Twist* is a full-service tutoring agency with its home office in Nanaimo, BC. We’re looking for new Twisted Tutors, among other positions, to join our growing team!
We currently operate on Central Vancouver Island in Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Nanoose Bay, Parksville and Qualicum! And we are excited to share that we are expanding South Vancouver Island to Victoria and further North to Courtenay/Comox!
Due to this expansion, we are also looking for a Twisted Lead Tutor and a Twisted Community Liaison in the new areas we are expanding to.
As an educator, do you have a multi-faceted approach to teaching which includes life skills based education, project based learning and are naturally Twisted?
Do you prefer a collaborative team approach to teaching, appreciate personal coaching from a mentor, like the ability to choose your own hours, and love to practice your passion!?!
If so, continue reading on!
We service all ages and all skill levels. All of our Twisted Tutors have Criminal Record Checks and most are certified teachers. We also have specialty Twisted Tutors for those with specific needs, including special education, higher level math and sciences, ESL and more! We are flexible with our scheduling and location. Every Twisted Family receives a Twisted Monthly Report updating the Twisted Learners’s progress. The “Twist” part of our programming is, not only will our clients walk away more proficient in the academic subject that they need help in, but also a pre-determined life skill.
Tutoring…With A Twist* offers our Twisted Team:
- Collaborative Team Approach
- Opportunity to Practice Your Passion
- Personal Coaching with our Founder, Amber Scotchburn
- Ability to Choose Your Own Hours & Location(s)
Current Twisted Positions Available:
- Twisted Tutors: All Subjects, All Levels
- Twisted Community Liaison
Interested in joining our Twisted Tutoring Team but have some questions for us before you apply? We’d love to talk this important decision through with you. Call us at: 1-866-977-4433 or ask your questions here!
If you are READY TO APPLY as you know are the right fit for us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: I AM TWISTED! In this email, please send us your resume & in lieu of a cover letter, answer the following questions:
- What is your philosophy on:
a) teaching/tutoring (if applying for the Twisted Tutor position)?
b) networking (if applying for the Twisted Liaison position)?
- How do you see yourself committing to a team while working independently?
- What resources can you offer Tutoring…With A Twist team? This could mean physical resources, as well as personal attributes.
- What is your understanding of the “twist” part of Tutoring…With A Twist?
- What subjects and grades would you like to be considered for?
- What is your expected rate of pay?
- What physical geographical areas would you like to be considered for this position in (as we physically service Victoria through to Comox/Courtney)?
- a) What is your availability now? What is your availability for the next school year (from Aug 2020 until June 2021)?
b) How many hours a week are you interested in now? in the school year?
- Do you have your own vehicle?
- a) Do you have your own computer with a microphone, video camera and reliable wifi access?
b) What other tools do you have to make online learning on par with in-person learning?
- a) What is your comfort level with online tutoring?
b) What platforms have you used for online tutoring?
- In what ways would you be able to actively promote ASTC’s tutoring services?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
- Are you interested in hearing more about other positions?
- For the Liaison position, explain your comfort level in representing Tutoring…With A Twist when attending
a) networking events,
b) community events,
c) schools/community agencies.
- For the Liaison position, in attending such events,
a) what would three objectives you would strive for in every event attended?
b) how would you achieve these objectives?
c) what follow through would you need to do after such events?
- Is there anything that we haven’t asked that you’d like to share?
We look forward to getting Twisted with you :)!
*Services provided by With a Twist Education Ltd.