In the interest of community, we’re keeping tabs on all the cool stuff happening across BC. Check back often for updates!
- Vancouver Island Youth Film Festival – Submissions are closed, but stay tuned to see the films!
- Parent Support Services Society of BC – Circle of Security Parenting Program – Learn how to better understand and support your child’s emotional needs, enhance your child’s self-esteem, and honour your child’s wish to be secure – Starts Jan. 12 & Jan. 13 and spans 8 weeks
- Power Up Education – Talking About Sexting – Education for teenagers and adults regarding the sending of sexual messages and images – Jan. 13
- Power Up Education – How to Talk to Children and Youth About Pornography – It’s not a question of IF children will watch pornography, but WHEN – Learn how to approach the subject with this online workshop – Feb. 22
- Boys and Girls Club – Parenting Without Power Struggles – Tips, tools, and guidance to help you parent your teen with love and connection – Feb. 10
- Youth Employment Outreach Coordinator from Work BC for job opportunities – Michelle Backé – 250-714-0085 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Power Up Sexual Health – Nanaimo-based sexual health workshops for educating children and families
- Nanaimo FoodShare Programs – Support people with low-income, disability, rehabilitation access to nutritious food and knowledge. Workshops, employment, and volunteering opportunities for youth – 250-753-9393 – email@example.com
- Family Support Institute of BC – Supporting families with disabilities – 250-237-2403 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtesy of Everyday-Reading.com, here’s a handy reading log to keep track of all the books you’ve read! You can print out the picture and write the title of each book on the spines of the books in the picture. Feel free to add colour as you wish!